I built a software model to optimize efficiency of stat allocation . These are its limitations:
The model ignores these game elements:
- When player HP drops below 25%, the multistrike and crit percentages increase.
- Other items that affect crit
- Area bonuses, like +crit% and +multistrike
The model computes many things precisely, but makes a few changes to simplify the math:
- It ignores rounding.
- It approximates the sum of many uniformly distributed random numbers by using a normal distribution with appropriate mean/variance, and truncated based on the lowest and highest possible values of the random number.
- When multiplying random variables, I use numerical methods to get approximations that have roughly 2% error in variance and 10^-6 error in mean