Point Value is the overall number for an enemy when it appears. It acts as a "Defense" for enemies.
Base Enemy StatsEdit
Enemies have the following stats:
- HP: Total hit Points that the monster has.
- ATK: Attack power that the monster has.
- EXP: Base EXP that the monster provides.
- Money: Base money that the monster can provide.
Note that all enemy stats for Point Values are base stats. If they are modified in any way (for example, Enemy HP x0.5 Modifier), the base, unmodified HP is used. This is the same problem if you are currently wearing any items that would provide increasers, such as +EXP Items, and a Higher LUC Rating.
Base Enemy CalculationEdit
When calculating Point Value, it is calculated with the following equation:
- EnemyHP / 15 + EnemyATK / 2 + EXP / 475000 + Money / 50
This will get you the Base Enemy Point Value (BEPV).
Every stage (map) has a stage value (SV). Earlier maps will have a lower stage value, while later maps will have a higher stage value. This is why a monster on one map, and a monster on another map, with a lower level will hit harder.
IN CODE: This is found in StageLvData[map - 1][lv]
This is applied to BEPV, granting you Enemy Stage Value (ESV).
- (BEPV * 2 + SV * 3) / 5
After the ESV, modifiers are added based on the items that are carried, and also on the ESV itself. Adding these to the modifiers, you will get Final Enemy Point Value (FEPV).
- IF (ESV) >= 20000, * 1.05
- IF (EnemyHasAtLeastOneItem), +5
- IF (EnemyHasAtLeastTwoItems), +10
- IF (EnemyHasThreeItems), +15
- IF (EnemyHasAtLeastOneItem), * 1.05
- IF (EnemyHasAtLeastTwoItems), * 1.075
- IF (EnemyHasThreeItems), * 1.1
Example Point Values Edit
To get a general idea of ballpark numbers, here are the PVs for a couple enemies:
- Fox Boss: 1,311
- Eye Boss: 23,214
- Purple Mother: 89,255
- Orochi : 113,854